- Craft, Plant, Water, GROW!
- Plant wheat and chia seeds in 1 Plastic TERRARIUM JAR, 5″ x 3.25″ This mason-style jar has star- shaped air vents in the lid and a wide mouth for easy assembly.
- A Plant MISTER for keeping your terrarium plants watered
- 2 RESIN FIGURES, a bunny and toadstools, 15 Garden-inspired STICKERS
- 45 Glow-in-the-Dark STICKERS, to light up your terrarium at night! For ages 6 to 96
A terrarium is a miniature garden in a simulated natural environment. The Grow N’ Glow Terrarium is a complete kit for helping kids to create their very own miniature eco-system. It’s so easy! You just assemble, decorate, water and watch it grow! It’s a fun way to teach kids about botany, eco-systems and the life cycle of plants. Kids love to see how things work and especially how the magic of seeds, soil, sun and water will blossom into green plants! This is a great lesson in cause-and-effect, responsible stewardship and delayed gratification, since the terrarium needs to be misted each day for the seeds to sprout and grow. Like keeping a pet, the plants will only thrive if they’re given water each day – but no worries – if they forget to water it they learn the importance of water to the life cycle! And when they do water it, the seeds begin to shoot up in 3 to 4 days.
After assembly, there are delightful garden stickers and glow-in-the-dark stars to embellish your terrarium further. During the day, when the terrarium is in full light, it soaks up light for the plants and also soaks up light in the glow stickers. Then at night the stickers will glow and it looks like an enchanted little lightning bug house!! This is a great project for for homeschoolers working on a botany unit, or for anyone who’d like to have a sweet little decorative terrarium by day and a glow-house by night!
Everything you need is included for 2 full planting life-cycles, so you can plant your terrarium and watch it grow, then do it all again in a month or so, depending upon how long your plants thrive.